The International Visiting Professionals Program provides healthcare professionals who have an interest in furthering their knowledge of medicine an opportunity to observe techniques and procedures related to their field of expertise. Below are the requirements and guidelines that must be met before an individual can apply for the program.
Requirements for Approval:
- Observation is at the request of an institution – institution covers wages and other expenses while in the U.S., guarantees position upon return home
- Need for clinical upgrading that is not available in home country
- Training will be of benefit for home institution and country
- Appropriate educational goals and objectives that can be accommodated
- Department and mentor are willing to accept mentee
- Observation only
- Meets eligibility requirements
- Comes on appropriate visa
- License and credentials verified
- English proficiency
- Health clearance
- Adequate lead time - requests take 4-6 weeks to be processed through the Global Outreach Administrative Committee. The entire process from initial request to arrival in Loma Linda often takes 3-9 months.
- Current CV
- All mentorship's must be approved by GOAC
List of criteria based on Global Outreach Administrative Committee (GOAC) Guidelines
If you are interested in the IVP program and meet all of the above requirements, then you may have your institution send a letter on your behalf, requesting that you be accepted into the IVP program with the following specific information:
- Why you wish to visit Loma Linda
- How long you wish to be here
- Your specific learning objectives
- How your sponsoring institution will support you financially
Along with the letter you must send a copy of your current CV/Resume and send both to GHI@llu.edu with the heading "Initial inquiry". We do not respond to any emails that do not include the letter and a copy of your CV/Resume. If your application has been accepted, we will contact you within 6-8 weeks of its approval.