Traveler's Resources

Travel Application

All travelers will need to fill out the Loma Linda University travel application to get approval for their overseas trip.


You will need to submit a copy of the face page in your current passport.  This will insure that if for any reason your passport is lost, damaged or stole while abroad, we can send a copy of your passport to the country you are serving in.


Check visa requirements for your host country to ensure that you have the proper visa necessary to travel to your destination. Please allow sufficient time to complete visa processing before your departure. For student related travel, SIMS will provide a visa letter of intent if necessary and can provide visa assistance for a fee. Please contact the SIMS office before applying for a visa. Please note: Papua New Guinea travelers must apply for visas via the SIMS office due to complex visa procedures.  

Health Information

Visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website and pick your country from the drop-down list, scroll down to find information on health and security, including recommended vaccinations.


Visit the Center for Health Promotion Travel Clinic at Loma Linda University Health for required immunizations for your host country.

ISOS - Emergency Response Service

International SOS is an emergency response service available to all travelers on a Loma Linda University Health-sponsored trip. You may login using the link above once we have given you the login information.

LLUH membership number: 11BCAS534711
Dedicated telephone number: +1-215-942-8478

Log in to to sign up for health and security email alerts using your membership number.

Download the free Assistance App from

If you would like to schedule a free personalized security or medical briefing, call ISOS direct at +1-215-942-8478.

Packing List

Suggestions on what to pack for your upcoming international trip. 


If you are traveling overseas and taking pictures on behalf of Loma Linda University Health, photography consent forms are required. See form instructions, download a letter-sized sign or consent forms below:

Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)

STEP is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. This program provides you with important updates regarding the safety conditions in your destination.  

Travel Warnings

Visit the State Department Website and notice the tab for travel "alerts" on the same page.

Currency Exchange

View Currency Exchange Rates from 164 countries around the world.

World Factbook

Information, facts and figures about countries of the world. 

Germs on a Plane - and How to Avoid Them

Reasarcher's advice on how to reduce your risk of contracting illnessess when flying on a plane.