This conference will focus on developing leaders that make up the global network of Seventh-day Adventist education and healthcare institutions. Effective leadership begins with understanding the roles and accountabilities of those who govern, manage and lead an organization. Sessions will be interactive in a workshop-style setting to provide collaborative learning and develop practical plans to be applied at each institution. The conference also provides a venue for collaboration between sister institutions, by encouraging dialogue to share challenges, successes and solutions — inspiring leaders to "embrace change.”
Co-sponsored by: Adventist Health International (AHI), Consortium of Adventist Medical Education Leaders (CAMEL), Department of Education, General Conference World Headquarters, Department of Health, General Conference World Headquarters, Loma Linda University Health Global Health Institute
- Discuss the role of effective governance and leadership in managing academic institutions, hospitals and clinics.
- Identify leadership responsibilities to collaboratively guide the institution in meeting its mission.
- Discuss the importance of integrated services, management systems, communication and quality improvement activities throughout the institution.
- Discuss the tools necessary to improve the organization and operation of institutions.
- Provide opportunities for networking, sharing and collaboration.
When: Thursday, October 18 to Sunday, October 21, 2018
Where: Centennial Complex at Loma Linda University Health, Loma Linda, California, USA